Bronx News – Charges Dropped Against Bronx Man Who Fatally Beat Wife’s Attacker
I first brought you this story June 4th 2016.
UPDATE 2 : Wednesday, September 07, 2016
Diallo, a 61-year-old Bronx man, had been facing assault charges, along with criminal possession of a weapon and harassment in connection with the May 30 attack. After consulting with the family of Earl Nash, the district attorney’s office moved to dismiss all charges to him.
Bronx District Attorney Darcel Clark said after lengthy talks with Nash’s family and a full investigation they determined not to pursue a grand jury indictment. He said that the case was a tragedy for everyone including all the people in that Bronx building on the night of May 30. They have determined that no grand jury action is warranted and they have dismissed the charges.
Diallo showed little reaction when Judge Marc Whiten said, “This matter is dismissed” and officially dropped all the charges against him. But his wife, Nenegale Diallo, shed happy tears at the surprise announcement through the help of victim Earl Nash’s family.
ADA Jennifer Cruz read a letter to the court that was written by Nash’s family. The family said they didn’t want Mamadou Diallo behind bars. They wholeheartedly recommend that District Attorney Clark dismiss all charges against Mamadou Diallo. Nash’s family said the man who attacked Nenegale Diallo was not the Earl Nash they knew and loved.
For this reason, cheers erupted in a Bronx courtroom Wednesday when Mamadou Diallo walked out of court Wednesday as a free man.
The Bronx man released a statement on his side that the killing incident happened because he was just defending himself and his wife and that he was emotional at that time and for sure he knew that he didn’t do something wrong. His wife, Nenegale Diallo expressed her heartfelt gratitude for the support of the community. According to Ibraham Diallo, Mamadou Diallo’s brother, to him, his brother is a hero because he lived with him for a long time and never seen him fight or have any problems.
Nash’s family prays for Diallo’s family recovery from the unfortunate trauma they’ve experienced.
Diallo had his hack license suspended right after his arrest. He will be back in his cab once his paperwork is processed, according to officials.
UPDATE 1 : Friday, June 03, 2016
STATEMENT RELEASES FROM THE FAMILY OF EARL NASH-an attempted rapist who was killed in a CLAREMONT apartment in Bronx
Days after 43-year-old Nash allegedly attacked a woman and tried to rape her in her Claremont apartment, his family releases statement regarding his brutal actions. The attack happened late evening on May 30, 2016.
The family of Earl Nash emphasizes the following:
- Earl has been labelled as a “career criminal” by those in the media.
- He has been in and out of jail for the past 15 years.
- He had also been diagnosed with and untreated for schizophrenia.
- He needed medical treatment; however the only treatment available was through the correctional system.
- The Earl they knew and loved was a compassionate man but after his diagnosis, he becomes unrecognizable and helpless, untrained and thus, unable to give him the support he needed.
The family also tells the public that:
- They are deeply sorrowed.
- They lost him to severe schizophrenia years before this tragedy.
- They pray that Mrs. Diallo and her family will heal from the trauma they’ve experienced.
- Their family is very empathic concerning this tragic event as they also mourn the loss of our loved one. It is their hope that the District Attorney’s Office will review both incidents fairly and in accordance to the law.
- They are in a very difficult time and asked the media to respect their family’s privacy.
A 61-year-old Mamadou Diallo who could be seen on video cameras coming to his wife’s aid and beating Nash with a tire iron is currently facing charges of weapons possession, assault and harassment charges. He was originally taken into custody by the NYPD for manslaughter.
The case may be going to a grand jury who will decide if Diallo will be indicted for manslaughter.
For Breaking News updates follow me @AleeasLife
Don’t forget to subscribe https://www.youtube.com/c/AleeasPreciousLife